Tuesday, September 28, 2010

This past week has been very busy.
First here is a pic of the curtain I made for the girls playroom.


After that was completed I got started on making outfits for the girls to wear to a birthday party on Saturday.
First outfit I made for Kenzie:




I had to make a matching skirt for Allie of course!


Then I made an apron for Allie's friend K for her 3rd bday.
I decorated some cupcakes to look like the ones in the book "Pinkalicious" for K's bday party.


Once the outfits were made I got started on some of our Halloween decorations.  I've decided to try and make everything this year.
Found a cute pumpkin on sale and I painted it gray and black to match the colors I am going with for our mantel.


For the centerpiece on our kitchen table I went with fun colors.
I painted wooden letters and wooden dowels black and orange then used Mod Podge to attached Halloween themed scrapbook paper to the letters.
I inserted the sticks into Styrofoam from the Dollar Tree.  I already had the bucket and I filled it with Spanish Moss.
The buckets in front are from the dollar spot at Target and will be filled with candy soon. 


Family Fun Friday came quick and we celebrated by watching the new Tinkerbell movie!  We had pizza as usual but instead of playing games we did Tinkerbell themed activities!

The girls dressed up in their Tinkerbell costumes and got started on their Tinkerbell coloring sheets.

 They do have parents!


Next we made fairy wings.
I drew the wings and cut them out of construction paper and gave each of them a Tinkerbell cupcake wrapper filled with "pixie dust"  (glitter) and a small spoon made from a straw to decorate their wings.


Then it was time to watch the movie!!
Kenzie sure was comfortable!


After the movie we helped the girls fly like Tinkerbell and Lizzy!

Wait till you see what we have in store for the girls to celebrate the release of the Beauty and the Beast DVD!  They have never seen the movie and it is a favorite of ours.
Bryan took that Friday off so we can do Beauty and the Beast themed activities all day!  Can't wait!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment