Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dr. Seuss Day!

I woke up yesterday morning and remembered it was Dr. Seuss' birthday so I decided to throw some activities together and make a day of it with the girls.


We started with reading The Foot Book and then I traced the girls feet.
And they "painted" their toenails with markers.
Of course then I had to give them "pretty toes" for real.

 We followed this with reading The Cat in the Hat
The girls made hats on paper.
I drew fish bowls on paper and the girls colored them and added one fish to the fish bowl.
Allie had her fish diving in and she added a rainbow to the water "to make it beautiful".



Next we read The Eye Book.
I drew some girl faces on paper and let the girls add eyes to them.
Allie did great with this!  Of course she had to add eyelashes and freckles!!!


Kenzie had a melt down and skipped this activity.

We moved on to Ten Apples Up on Top!
Allie really likes this book.
 I made a page full of apples for them to color and printed out pictures of each them to paste to paper.  Allie cut her apples out and I cut them out for Kenzie and they glued them on top of their heads!
This was a really cute project.  One of my favorites.

Kenzie just wanted to use up all the stick glue.




  

We moved on to Green Eggs and Ham, Allie's absolute favorite!
 I drew some eggs and ham on paper and let the girls color them and cut them out then glue them on a paper plate.
Allie colored hers blue and called them "blue green eggs and ham".



Finally we ended with One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.
I cut the top off of two paper plates to make fish bowls and they painted them then added fish stickers.



To end the day they enjoyed Thing 1 and Thing 2 popcorn and watched Horton Hears a Who.

It was a great day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment