Thursday, April 26, 2012

Allie turns five!

I haven't posted anything on here for over six months.  There are a million reasons why but the good thing is I am getting back in the groove of updating this blog.  I plan on going back over the last six months to post important things that have happened.  I will get to that but first, a post on the present.

My big girl is turning five, yes FIVE, tomorrow!!!!!!  Where has the time gone?  I know, I know we all say time flies when you are having fun but I think somehow time has passed a lot faster for me than it has for anyone else.  I can't have a five year old!  I remember Allie's BIRTH day like it was yesterday.  I can still feel the warmth of her cheek on my lips as I kissed her when they brought her over to me before rushing her off to the nursery.  I can still feel the nervousness that belongs only to a new mother and the pride and pure joy that comes along with it, as if it just happened.  But it wasn't yesterday.  It was 1,825 yesterdays.  It has been five whole years and though I can't get those five years back I am happy to remember them like they were yesterday.  I am happy to have several hundred pictures that take me back to various events and milestones of her life.  And I am happy to be blessed with such a thoughtful, caring, kind, smart, creative, loving, energetic, darling angel pie.  And I am proud to call her my daughter.  

April 27th will forever be the day my heart truly, madly, deeply, and completely fell in love at first site with someone so small and wonderful.  So Allie on your fifth birthday I hope you know how much mommy loves and adores you.  I would go to the end of the world for you my little bug.  

Happy birthday.






No comments:

Post a Comment